How can I spot a scammer?
Any of the following examples can be used to help you spot a scammer and should raise concern
• They ask you to send them money or provide your personal or financial details
• They ask you to transfer money via a wire transfer service
• They quickly profess strong feelings or love for you
• They do not release a lot of details about their interests or what they are looking for in a partner.
• They respond to your questions with answers that do not seem valid, true or are repetitive
• They say they are stationed (if in military) or travel to overseas locations a lot
• When they communicate either through chat or messages, their grammar, spelling and overall English is very poor.
• They try and re-direct you to another site almost immediately.